Advisory Committee Meetings
The Sonoma Valley Groundwater Sustainability Agency Advisory Committee meets at 3 p.m. on the second Tuesday of every month. The regular meeting location is the Valley of the Moon Water District board room (VOMWD), 19039 Bay Street, Sonoma.
Click below for meeting information, agendas, and other materials. If the time or location of a meeting differs from the information above, it will be noted beside the link.
- April 10, 2018 – VOMWD, 3:00 p.m.
- March 13, 2018 – VOMWD, 3:00 p.m.
- February 13, 2018 – VOMWD, 3:00 p.m.
- January 9, 2018 – VOMWD, 3:00 p.m.
- November 27, 2017 – VOMWD, 3:00 p.m.
- October 24, 2017 – VOMWD, 3:00 p.m.
To learn about future public meetings, please sign up to receive regular updates.
Advisory Committee Overview
The purpose of the advisory committee is to provide input and recommendations to the Agency Board on groundwater sustainability plan development, implementation and policies. The intent of the committee is to provide community perspective and participation in the Agency. The composition of the Advisory Committee is intended to represent the beneficial uses and users of groundwater identified in the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act.
Each Member of the Agency has appointed a representative from the community to the Advisory Committee, for a total of six members:
- City of Sonoma
- Sonoma County
- Sonoma County Water Agency
- Sonoma Resource Conservation District
- North Bay Water District
- Valley of the Moon Water District
In addition, the GSA Agency Board appointed six interest-based members:
- Environmental representative
- Rural residential well owner
- Business community representative
- Agricultural interest (surface water or GW user)
- Two at-large community representatives